A shot of apple cider vinegar balances blood sugar decreases bloating and helps digestion. It is a great way to aid digestion. but if you’re looking to learn more at home methods, here are a few more options.
1. Spiced Dandelion Tea
This tea has lots of warming spices to soothe your digestive system after a meal, but it’s the dandelion here that is the key ingredient. This root is perfect for detoxing, but it’s also deliciously similar to coffee in the taste, making this tea the perfect after-dinner drink.”
- 1 tablespoon dried dandelion root
- 1-star anise pod
- 3 cardamom pods
- ½ dried licorice root (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1¼ cups freshly boiled water
Place all the ingredients in a teapot and pour over the freshly boiled water. Steep for 15 minutes, then strain into a mug and drink.
2. Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal is like a magnet for toxins and is used in emergency medicine when people have food poisoning. Take the activated charcoal tablet at night and drink a large glass of water upon waking, followed by lots of water during the day to assist with elimination.
- 1 activated charcoal tablet (you can find these at most pharmacies and natural health stores)
- ¼ cup fresh apple juice or pineapple juice (or water)
- A squeeze of lime
- ½ teaspoon fresh aloe vera or bottled aloe vera juice
Take the charcoal tablet in the evening. In the morning, whisk the apple juice, lime juice, and aloe in a glass and drink immediately.
3. Vietnamese Lemongrass Tonic
Lemongrass is effective for helping an aching and upset stomach. The lemon makes it an astringent and antiseptic, and it is also great for soothing coughs and keeping colds and flu away.
- 2½ cups filtered or mineral water
- 4 lemongrass stalks
- 1 thumb-size piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or raw honey, or to taste
- Lime slices (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat.
2. Smash the lemongrass and cut it into thin shreds. Peel and julienne the ginger.
3. Add both to the water and boil for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add the coconut sugar or honey, to taste, and serve warm with a garnish of lime slices if you like, or refrigerate and serve over ice.
4. Organifi Gold
Organifi Gold is great for calming your digestion, inflammation in the gut and upset stomach. This powder is organic, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, vegan and is sweet even though it’s zero grams of sugar.
- Lemon Balm
- Turmeric, Turkey Tail Mushroom
- Red Reishi
- Coconut Milk
- Cinnamon Powder
- Ginger Extract
- Black Pepper
Add one scoop with 8 – 16 oz of warm/hot water and mix.