If you are not sure what chakras are, chakras are the energy centers of our bodies. There are seven main chakras, from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. They are responsible for managing our energy and keeping us healthy.
What is the Root Chakra?
The root chakra is your first chakra. It is located at the base of your spine. You can find it near the pelvic bone. The root chakra is associated with:
- Security, safety
- Basic needs (food, sleep, shelter, self-preservation, etc.)
- Physicality, physical identity, and aspects of self
- Support and foundation for living our lives
The root chakra is important to keep balanced because it provides the foundation on which we build our lives. It helps us feel safe, secure, and grounded with the earth.
Unfortunately, many of us have energetic blocks and imbalances. This prevents us from living our life to the fullest.
Imbalanced Root Chakra
- Problems in the legs, feet, rectum, tailbone, immune system, male reproductive parts, and prostate gland
- Degenerative arthritis
- Knee pain
- Eating disorders
Feelings affecting our:
- Basic survival needs
- The ability to provide for life’s necessities
Root Chakra Smoothie
Energize your root chakra with this smoothie full of earthy beets and red fruits. Here are two different smoothies you can try to help balance the root chakra.
Smoothie 1 Ingredients
- 1 Beet peeled and chopped
- 3/4 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
- Juice of 2 Blood Oranges
- Splash of water
Smoothie 2 Ingredients
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup fresh beets (skin removed)
- ½ cup watermelon
- 4 cups of coconut water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender; mix until smooth.