- 2, 14oz bags cauliflower rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 lb ground bison or grass-fed ground beef
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 28oz low sodium, organic diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 large handful fresh baby spinach
- Approx. 4oz raw goat cheddar or Kerrygold grass-fed cheddar
- Approx. 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill or approx. 3-4 tbsp chopped dill pickles
- Approx. 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spray a 9×13” baking dish and a large baking sheet lined with foil with coconut oil cooking spray. Set the baking dish aside and pour the cauliflower rice onto the baking sheet and spread across the pan in an “even” layer and sprinkle a few pinches of sea salt on top. Place cauliflower into the oven to roast, until slightly browned on top – approx. 10-12 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 degrees F after pulling the cauliflower out.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the jalapeno and cook for another minute, stirring often.
4. Push the onion and jalapeno to the sides of the pan and place the bison/beef into the pan. Break up the meat and cook until browned; season with salt, pepper, cumin and paprika.
5. Stir in the tomato paste, diced tomatoes and mustard. Let the mixture bubble gently until it is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the spinach and let it wilt – about 2 more minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and stir in the cauliflower rice. Combine well.
8. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with cheese.
9. Place in the oven, uncovered, and bake until the cheese is melted – about 15 minutes.
10. Sprinkle dill and chives over the top; serve.