- 2lbs chicken tenders
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 1 ½ lbs cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 1 – 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 – 2 tbsp paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Spray a large non-stick skillet with avocado oil cooking spray and place over medium heat.
2. Season both sides of the chicken tenders with oregano, paprika, salt and black pepper.
3. Place chicken into pan (you don’t want to crowd the pan, otherwise the chicken will steam and not get that yummy crust, so you may have to do this in two batches) and cook approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is almost entirely cooked through (a meat thermometer reads 155 degrees F).
4. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
5. Add the tomatoes and garlic into the pan with a little salt and cook for approximately 5 minutes until tomatoes are softened completely and the liquid from the tomatoes has reduced a bit.
6. Add chicken back into the pan and coat with the sauce.
7. Add in basil and stir to combine.
8. Turn heat to lowest setting and let simmer for another 5 minutes or until ready to serve.
9. Just before serving, squeeze half lemon over the top of the chicken.
10. Serve with cauliflower rice, cauliflower mash or roasted heirloom potatoes!