Made with only 6 ingredients, this is a dessert you can feel good about eating!
Servings: 12 macaroons
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lay the coconut on a baking tray, and place in the oven for 5 minutes to toast.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the egg whites and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, mix the eggs until they are frothy and thick.
4. Add in the coconut and maple syrup and mix until well-combined.
5. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes. Place on a cooling rack.
For the chocolate drizzle
1. You can either melt the chocolate in the microwave or use a double-boiler.
2. To melt in the microwave, place 1 cup of chocolate chips in a glass measuring cup with the coconut oil. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Stir after every 30 seconds in the microwave.
3. To melt using a double-boiler, place a pot on the stove and fill 1/4 of the way with water. Place a glass heat-proof bowl over top, ensuring it doesn’t touch the water. Bring the water to a simmer.
4. Place the chocolate and coconut oil in the glass bowl, and stir until the chocolate is melted.
5. Dip the bottom of the macaroons in chocolate, and place on a piece of parchment paper. Drizzle the tops using a spoon. Place in the fridge or freezer for 20-30 mins for the chocolate to harden.