These brownies are lightly crunchy on the outside, and soft on the inside. They are grain-free, gluten-free and dairy-free. Made with a secret ingredient that no one will ever guess, they’re the perfect healthy treat!
Servings: 24 brownies
Cook Time: 18 minutes
- 1/ 540 ml can organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar or sub coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk, I use hemp
- 1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a blender. Puree on medium-high until all of the ingredients are well-combined and smooth. (You may need to scrape down the sides of the canister a few times).
3. Add 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips to the batter, and pour the batter into greased mini-muffin tins.
4. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the tops start to crackle.
5. Remove from the oven, and let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
6. Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
This brownie batter can be a little sticky, so make sure the pan is well coated. I’ve had good luck with coconut oil and avocado oil.