This bright and fresh kale pesto will liven up any dish. Made with natural, wholesome ingredients, it’s packed with nutrients and super tasty. Naturally gluten-free and vegan.
- 2 cups loosely packed organic kale stems removed
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup olive oil ** see note
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds optional
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor except the olive oil. Turn the food processor on low, and while the ingredients are mixing, slowly add in the olive oil while it’s running. Occasionally stop to scrape down the sides.
2. Use it as a pasta sauce, a spread for toasted bread, or even make a pesto mayonnaise!
The amount of olive oil in the pesto will depend on how thick you want it. If you like a thicker pesto, reduce the amount of olive oil. If you like it thinner, add the full 1/3 cup.