Cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes combine with yummy candied pecans to make the most delicious paleo, gluten-free side dish. Whole food ingredients made into a simple, yet flavourful side dish.
Servings: 4 people
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp avocado oil sub olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 2 green onions sliced thin, green part only
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Or, bake directly on the baking tray (add an extra tbsp oil)
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into thick wedges. Place them on the lined baking sheet, and toss them with the oil and cinnamon. Spread them out evenly across the tray.
3. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, toss them, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Maple Candied Pecans
1. Place the pecans in the middle of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (This is necessary or they’ll stick to the pan).
2. Pour the maple syrup over the pecan pieces, and toss them until well coated. Spread them out, and bake in the oven with the sweet potatoes for the last 6 minutes.
3. Place the sweet potatoes on a plate, and add the candied pecans, and garnish with the green onion.