Soft and chewy gluten-free banana bars. Perfect for busy mornings, kids’ lunches, or a great afternoon snack. Made with whole grains, they’re a great source of fiber, super healthy, and so delicious!
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg see instructions
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 baking dish and set aside.
- To make the flax egg, mix together 1 tbsp of ground flax with 2 tbsp warm water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place all the dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl, and stir until well combined.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the vanilla, apple sauce and maple syrup. Add the flax egg and give it a quick stir. Add the mashed bananas and mix until just combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and fold them together until everything is well combined. Pour into the baking dish, and bake for 20-22 minutes until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.