This recipe makes an easy, delicious and healthy batch of fresh blueberry peach muffins. Made with simple and nourishing ingredients, they’ll melt in your mouth on the first bite!
Cook Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 2 flax eggs see instructions
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional helps muffins rise)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fresh peaches diced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Start by making the flax egg. Combine 2 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp warm water. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, apple sauce, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Whisk together. Add the flax eggs and gently stir until they’re just incorporated.
4. Combine the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl and stir until combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and gently stir until everything is combined.
6. Add the peaches and blueberries and stir one more time until everything is just incorporated. Spoon the mixture into muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle with the pecan pieces, and bake for 22-23 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and let them finish cooling on the rack.
8. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days. They can also be stored in the freezer for a month.