Coming from someone that has Hashimoto’s, my students are always asking what supplements I am taking to support my health. Those with thyroid disorders are more prone to be deficient in their vitamin and minerals. I will explain some of the supplement I take and why! Always make sure you are purchasing supplements that are gluten free, soy free and no added chemicals!
1. B- Complex
Studies have shown that B Vitamins have plenty of important roles within the body such as converting nutrients from food into energy, balancing blood sugar, reducing bad cholesterol, lowering high blood pressure, preventing nerve damage/pain, and preventing heart failure.
Health Benefits Of B-Complex.
- Produces sex and stress-related hormones
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Synthesizes cholesterol
- Metabolizes food into energy
- Maintains healthy nerve function
- Supports brain function
- Helps control the body’s stress response
- Aids in immune function
- Helps fight acne & protect skin health
Brand I ♥
2. Digestive Enzymes
You are what you digest and digestive enzymes are key to both better digestion and nutrient absorption. Digestive enzymes act as catalysts in speeding up specific, life-preserving chemical reactions in the body. They help break down larger molecules into more easily absorbed particles that the body can use to survive.
Health Benefits of Digestive Enzymes
- Helps heal leaky gut by taking stress off the GI tract.
- Assists the body in breaking down difficult to digest protein and sugars.
- Improves symptoms of acid reflux and IBS.
- Enhances nutrition absorption and prevents nutritional deficiency
- Counteracts enzyme inhibitors naturally in foods
Brand I ♥
3. Vitamin D
Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is stored in the liver and fatty tissues. Increased body fat has the ability to absorb vitamin D and keeps it from being used within our body. Vitamin D is not like other vitamins because our body makes most of our vitamin D on its own. The way that our bodies make vitamin D is to convert sunshine into chemicals that are used by the body. The cholesterol in our skin converts “previtamin D” and makes it into usable vitamin D3.
Health Benefits Of Vitamin D3
- Contributes to bone health
- Helps manage blood sugar levels and can prevent diabetes
- Protects against cancer
- Helps fight heart disease
- Enhances our immune system
- Facilitates hormone regulation and helps improve our mood
- Helps with concentration, learning, and memory
Brand I ♥
4. Turmeric Extract
Turmeric health benefits are truly amazing, ranging from a potential cancer-fighting food to a treatment for depression. Here are some of the ways that turmeric can improve your health.
Some Health Benefits Of Turmeric
- Treat or prevent certain cancers
- Aids in reducing arthritis and joint issues
- Improves liver health
- Relieves depression and anxiety
- May slow or prevent blood clots
- Fights inflammation
- Boosts skin health
Brand I ♥
5. Oregano Extract
Oregano extract is a powerful, plant-derived essential oil that is proving to be just as effective as some antibiotics when it comes to treating or preventing various infections. Designed specifically for fighting bacterial infections, antibiotics are one of the medical doctors’ favorite tools for treating many health issues.
Health Benefits Of Oregano
- Bacterial infections
- Fungal infections
- Common colds
- Earaches or toothaches
- Digestive problems such as heartburn and SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth)
Brand I ♥
6. Ox Bile
Ox bile helps improve fat malabsorption in the body. Ox bile is bile from oxen. It is so similar to human bile and it works by breaking down fats in your digestive tract. It improves bile quality so you can digest fats better in the long run. Take 1-5 tablets of ox bile. Use it for 2 weeks and up to 2-3 months. After 2-3 months, take a break from it for at least a couple of months, your body can get reliant on it and stop producing its own bile. If you had your gallbladder removed, then you need a permanent bile replacement to digest your fats. In that case, most natural health practitioners recommend taking ox bile with each meal.